Laparoscopic surgery gives veterinarians the ability to perform traditional open surgical procedures in a minimally invasive technique. Laparoscopy (also known as videoscopic surgery) allows for internal structures of the abdomen to be markedly magnified and displayed on a monitor. A camera inserted through a small incision in the abdomen allows for a comprehensive and often more precise examination of abdominal organs.
Laparoscopic Surgery in Las Vegas, Nevada
Laparoscopic surgery is an advanced technique our veterinarians may use to perform traditional open surgical procedures. When performing a laparoscopic spay, the procedure is done through one or two tiny incisions typically 11mm in size rather than the traditional 2” to 3”. A camera is then inserted through the small incisions where the structures of the abdomen will be markedly magnified and displayed on a monitor.
So why choose laparoscopic?
- Laparoscopic surgery reduces post operative pain by 65%.
- The entire surgery is performed through a few tiny incisions rather than a larger abdominal opening. Smaller incisions are less painful and reduce recovery time.
- The procedure is performed with magnified views of the organs allowing greater precision. Magnified views of internal organs allow our veterinarians to check for abnormalities.
- The ovarian ligament is carefully cut rather than torn.
- Controlled incisions eliminate pain and bruising caused by the tearing of the tissue associated with traditional spays.
We offer surgical procedures Monday through Friday. To make an appointment please complete our New Client form. You can also call us at 702.384.8737.